Pages

Monday, July 9, 2012

A.P.R. Challenge♥


Jenn over at the A.P.R. challenge has come up with a fun challenge this week
(now thats not to say that they aren't all fun Jenn :0)
This weeks challenge was to do a recipe page of one of your favorite recipes.
Cottage Remnant Artwork copyright 2012
This picture was painted in lovely soft pinks and greens,
but my scanner thought other wise today....
soooo we have lime green and lemonade pink instead...
what do you do when you scanner gives you pink lemons???
You go with it....LOL
This recipe is from my husband Maternal Grandmother.
They have become a HUGE success within my family as well, they are a MUST on the Christmas lists.
My sister, who is really cute....hates baking....so every Christmas the question of , "are you making shortbread" comes up....I hymn and ha but eventually I make them....or even better, Hubby likes to make them.

Well hope you enjoy! 
you can't find an easier recipe with such a high success rate anywhere....LOL

blessings to you and yours,
Photobucket
Photobucket
Pin It

15 comments:

  1. hahaha! a recipe so simple even i could not mess it up - and it sounds yummy! i'll have to let you know how it turns out:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great recipe and is very close to my great grandmother's that we make every year at christmas as well... I love the way you have illustrated it... you have done it justice...xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can be sure that these will melt away in our house while still fresh out of the oven. Yum! And despite your scanner's moods, your art is still beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cindy, this is beautiful and I love the art. Your art really makes the piece. Sadly, I couldn't get the image to show in an enlarged screen. But I still believe you did Jenn's challenge justice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yum, love shortbread cookies! I love your little designs, no matter how the color turned out! That old timey stove is awesome, did your grandmother have one like that? waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great art even if your scanner decided to alter the colors. I make shortbread but have never tried a recipe with brown sugar. I'll be trying these soon.

    Darla

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds great. Does the sugar go in after the flour and butter are mixed or at the same time as the flour? Be fine to make with kiddies :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will definitely be trying this one! The drawings to go with are so cute! I love the old fashioned stove and the table with the shortbread.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautifully illustrated recipe, Cindy! I love lime greens with bright pinks so it's perfect on my screen. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the way you've illustrated your recipe Cindy, it looks so cute :D
    I guess I'll be needing elasticated waistbands after this APR challenge. You're recipe sounds so easy and quick that I'm wondering if I can start baking at 12.09am.
    How did you know we love shortbread in this house ;D

    ReplyDelete
  11. you did a great job illustrating your recipe! And who doesn't love easy? Especially during the holidays. Thanks for sharing - visiting from APR

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi cindy,
    what a wonderful painting, even though your scanner changed the colors it still looks wonderful. but then I'm not surprised I like it, lime's one of my favorite colors! We'll be trying this for SURE this xmas!
    Hugs,
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your gorgeous picture and hey everyone loves a pink lemon :)
    I think I've gained a few pounds going through this weeks entries. Certainly drooling a lot.
    Didn't play this week, too much going on with school hols.
    Von.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cindy..... you are so wonderful.... I love you!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shell.....and yes there will be shortbread this Christmas....even if YOU have to bake it....♥

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time from your busy life to visit me.
I love to hear your thoughts, so please share them with me.
I will try to respond as quickly as I can.
And remember... DON'T BE A NORELY@BLOGGER
Be Blessed and have an awesome day.