Pages

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Valerie Sjodin Class-page 2

Some progress on my Art Journal with Valerie Sjodin.....

My second page.....i held off purchasing the required 'matte medium' which is used before painting with acrylic paint......so being a 'smarty pants' that i am, i thought i would just go ahead and use my watercolours...



 Terrible mistake.....my 'heavy' marker i used for "morning' was not water resistant, and it smeared....big time.
 So, with layers of gesso and paint i managed to save it a wee bit....but as you see it is a little different....
I added some glitter pens and pearl ex powder stuff i had and tried to fool the eye away from the mess i made....
It pays to follow instructions sometimes....lesson learned....AGAIN

Calling it a night...
Blessings,
Cynthia♥
Cottage Remnant
Pin It

5 comments:

  1. As i mentioned on FB, I like that morning looks a wee bit different. It emphasizes that it is a 'brand new' day. It should be different than the one before. The Creator is giving us yet another chance, another day to enjoy. I think you subconsciously planned it that way - hehehehe! Love it, cindy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL..... Yah, thats it...I'm going with that one....

      thanks Alice,

      blessings,
      C♥

      Delete
  2. Love your new card, and great to see you out of the box. Who fits in a box anyway ? Only squares.
    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i really loved your card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Cynthia,
    What a stunning card...it's beautiful and I like the effect.
    It's kind of like a little out of focus with only just waking...a little like my eyes first thing in the morning! ;D
    Enjoy what today brings...blessings to you and your's :D
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time from your busy life to visit me.
I love to hear your thoughts, so please share them with me.
I will try to respond as quickly as I can.
And remember... DON'T BE A NORELY@BLOGGER
Be Blessed and have an awesome day.