Pages

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

More Colour-working on it♥

Hows this for colour???
Cottage Remnant artwork copyright2013

Well..... not quite a Dion Dior, but a little more colorful then I'm used to....LOL....
I sketched this with my handy dandy 0.1 pigment pen...then I did a colour wash using my basic water colour palette.....(may I add that for the first time since I've started using watercolours have I actually used them as a wash.....LOL I watched a tutorial by a young woman Samantha Trattner, and I thought....ahhhhhhh thats how its done....silly me)....and then I went to bed, it was on its way up to midnight.

This morning arrived with more snow and the wind to go with it....but I digress...... I watched a tutorial by Dion Dior on Twinkling H20's.....I just love the glimmer....anyways, after watching it I remembered I had something similar to Twinklings....a watercolor palette of 10 Pearlescent and Metallic colours.....Soooooo....I applied the sparkling green to the leaves and to the pink and mauve of the flowers I added a sparkling white.....Ta-da.....it's shimmering!

Cottage Remnant artwork copyright2013
 Sorry it isn't showing white :0(

Well, you can't really see the shimmering, but it's there....I can see it....
I don't know how Dion gets her pictures to pick up the shimmering.....mystery.... lol


I'm not trying to change who I am, I will always love the soft pastels....they are just part of who I am.  But there is a part of me that really enjoys the vibrance (is that a word) of rich colours.
Cottage Remnant Artwork 2013

I created this Sweet Pea picture to be a badge for a project I am trying to put into place......Women of Faith stayed tuned....LOL

O.K....time for more Tea
Blessings to all,
Cynthia



Cottage Remnant
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Cindy ,I love your Sweet Pea picture, it's more like you as a child than you know.
    Love Mom
    There are many layers to all of us and I think the one we call "us" is just the strongest one.
    Keep digging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks M♥M xoxo.....
      I wasn't born with a silver spoon, but I'm glad I was born with a shovel.... I just keep digging....LOL

      blessings,
      Cynthia♥

      Delete
  2. very pretty! i love the soft color :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time from your busy life to visit me.
I love to hear your thoughts, so please share them with me.
I will try to respond as quickly as I can.
And remember... DON'T BE A NORELY@BLOGGER
Be Blessed and have an awesome day.