Pages

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Whew!!!!!

Cottage Remnant Artwork 2012

I thought my days of painting were finished, kaput.
Every paper I have tried to use in the past week or so has been WRONG!!!
Had I forgotten how to paint with watercolour?????

I would put paint down on the paper and {{{slurp}}} it was gone, sucked right into the paper....I could not move it around for love nor money!!!!
What was I doing wrong I thought......

Well today the {{{heat wave}}} was over and the rain was thankfully falling, so  I thought it a good day to give it one LAST try.

HUH.....it's working!!!!

Could it of been the scorching temperatures that was affecting my paper....I guess I'll never know....
Well back to my painting!

Its the one place you are allowed to manipulate..... paint that is....LOL

blessings All,
Photobucket
Photobucket
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Hi Cindy,
    An Australian painter friend of mine complains about days where her paintings either don't dry or have problems. I think weather does affect paint and paper!! Glad your heat wave out there in the East finally broke.
    Hugs my friend,
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh to have that problem Cindy...(heat I mean)...okay well maybe not but we're having it very chilly here, so a little warmth would be good. ;D
    Maybe I should have a play with my watercolours tomorrow because the weather certainly wouldn't affect my paints and paper!
    I'm glad you're back on tract though...all ready for a great creative week ahead! xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you're so lucky it's raining! I've read several blogs today where everyone is water coloring! I think it's a sign I need to get out the paints. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time from your busy life to visit me.
I love to hear your thoughts, so please share them with me.
I will try to respond as quickly as I can.
And remember... DON'T BE A NORELY@BLOGGER
Be Blessed and have an awesome day.