Pages

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Father Knows Best

I have heard this scripture for a lot of years. It seems to be the one that folks will encourage you to say, or to pray when we are in need.
But they only seem to encourage you to quote part of the scripture.
"I will do whatever you ask in my name"..... that is a lovely thing to hang on to isn't it? but what about the rest;.... "so that the Son my bring glory to the Father".
And what about the verses before and after.... as a previous Pastor would say,'read before and after to understand what the author is talking about'.
I was lying in bed this morning and in prayer I reminded God of His Word. I was asking for the opportunity for a certain job that would enable me to financially contribute to my family. After finishing my prayer I thought about the scripture, what did it really mean?
Because I know that it cannot mean that anything I ask in His name I get.... can't be.

So.... according to the scriptures before and after; if I have faith in Christ,and if what I ask will bring Glory to the Father, and if I love Him and obey His command.... then I will receive what I have asked.

I'm o.k. with that..... but how many people get so discouraged because they pray and ask God for something, and do not get it? If only we understood more of what we say.
I think the bible is full of ifs and buts, we just ignore them.... I have read quite often God saying if we do something, then He will do something....What a wise Father.

Can you imagine if He just gave us what we wanted. What would happen to our kids if we gave them absolutely everything they asked for, no conditions or requirements.... a bunch of ungrateful spoiled brats is what we would be.....

So... did what I request this morning line up with the Word of God? I don't know. Would being financially better off bring Glory to God, or would it just bring less stress for Cindy and Larry? It's all hard to say, I am just glad that I don't have to figure it all out. I just have to make my request know to Him, and then leave it with Him. I know that He knows best.....after all Father knows best.


Christ and Child
I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.
And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father.
You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.
“If you love me, you will obey what I command.

John 14:12-15
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Isn't if funny how we've heard verses all our lives and only hear the part we want?! I have clung to the verse "Seek Peace & Pursue It" but neglected to focus on the beginning of the verse "Turn From Evil & Do Good". =) Blessings... Polly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy, I was so moved by this post - something that we need to be mindful of every day! I scrolled down and read your post about the nation of Israel and the Jewish people. Have you done any Beth Moore Bible studies? Her studies have helped me realize much about the Jewish people and the nation of Israel that I never knew. By the way, I found your post thru Flea Market Friday. Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, I just love this. How true it is that we often only read GOD's words to hear what we want to hear, not what HE wants to really say to us. It was refreshing to hear your take on this. All of it has to do with our Hearts Motives! A good thing for me to ponder on today!

    God bless you and thanks for that wonderful post!
    Lorena

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time from your busy life to visit me.
I love to hear your thoughts, so please share them with me.
I will try to respond as quickly as I can.
And remember... DON'T BE A NORELY@BLOGGER
Be Blessed and have an awesome day.