Pages

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Did You Know?

Did you know that it was God who said that Abraham's family and descendants were to be a blessed nation. Did you know that it was God who said, "I will make you a great nation; I will bless those who bless you, and I will curse him who curses you" Genesis 12:2-3



The word "curse" used here transliteration is "qalal" which means "to make light", "to be trifling, to be of little account".


How many people do you know of that make light of the Jewish people with statements like " oh, he jewed him out of his money", or "take him with you, he'll jew him down". I have heard intelligent people make statements like that, I have heard intelligent Christian people make those stupid statements.



Time and time again I have heard people make rude comments towards the Jewish people because they are the ones who are successful..... well..... maybe it's because they are God's chosen people, and maybe it's because they follow God's commandments (rules for a better life).


I am by no means an expert on the Jewish Tradition and customs, Only within the last 5 years have I realized the importance and relevance of the Old Testament and the people in it (silly silly me)




Gal 3:29
And if you [are] Christ's, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.
Eph 3:6
that the Gentiles should be fellow heirs, of the same body, and partakers of His promise in Christ through the gospel,

We need to be blessing Israel and the people, not cursing them. What can we do today to encourage blessing and not cursing.

According to Hebrew4Christians May 7th is Israel's IndependenceDay

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. It's only been in the last 7 or 8 years that I've really become more familiar with the Old Testament. Discovering how every bit of it leads up to Jesus has been so amazing. It's hard to believe that gal who grew up in Christian school and home wouldn't realize this stuff. But it's such a cool discovery! Blessings... polly

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time from your busy life to visit me.
I love to hear your thoughts, so please share them with me.
I will try to respond as quickly as I can.
And remember... DON'T BE A NORELY@BLOGGER
Be Blessed and have an awesome day.