Pages

Monday, May 12, 2008

Remembering through Laughter and Tears

My daughter called me this morning to see how our Mother's Day Potluck went (she had to work). Our Potluck was a success. We had alot of fun singing and making foolish conversation.

I think a lot of us were a little concerned how the day would progress; We used to celebrate Mother's Day and my late brother-in-laws birthday together.

Beloved Brother-in-law

I wonder..... how long does the grieving process really take? As his sister-in-law I cry all the time, silly little things bring memories on, memories bring tears on. He was a dynamic part of our lives for 4 years...... how does one do it after 20 years? How does my sister do it? How do his children do it?.......
Only through God people, only through God!



Without the knowledge of Christ, how do people survive grief?
There is such comfort in the knowledge that he was welcomed home by his "Father"...





Well all allow ourselves to laugh when we remember how much fun he was, when we remember the crazy "hair-brain" ideas he would have, the absolute insane stories he would share of his crazy youth.
We allow ourselves to cry when we remember the man, the man who loved this family.
We allow ourselves to rejoice in the knowledge that he is resting with the Lord, that we will see him again one day.

We allow ourselves to feel. Allowing ourselves to feel the pain also enables us to feel the joy.
I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me
Phl 4:13

So my Mother's Day went well!!!!!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time from your busy life to visit me.
I love to hear your thoughts, so please share them with me.
I will try to respond as quickly as I can.
And remember... DON'T BE A NORELY@BLOGGER
Be Blessed and have an awesome day.